Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another Book Review

My books this week (or so):

Book 3 and 4 of the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. Children's books about a reserve for magical creatures. Fun books to read but definitely are written for children (whereas, for instance, Harry Potter could arguably be as much for adults than kids). Entertaining and easy to read though. I'll read the last one when it comes out and probably give them to my niece for Christmas.

Confessions of a Shopaholic. This book took me a really long time to finish because I had a really hard time getting into it. I'm not a shopaholic, AT ALL, and I found the main character really annoying because she has all this debt and still won't stop buying stupid stuff. I don't get it. However, I finished it, and actually enjoyed the resolution to her debt problems. In a way she was searching to find herself and I enjoyed the journey (even though I was annoyed during the first half or so). It is significantly different than the movie.

Bridge to Terabithia. I'd read this book in elementary school but didn't remember anything about it except that it was sad. Sure enough, still sad, very sad, but a great story and was worth rereading.

What next... I have The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books that I've been wanting to read. Am I ready to tackle them though after a bunch of kid's books? Hum... Or, I have a Nicholas Sparks book that I haven't read yet. That one will probably come first. I never said I choose the hard road...

1 comment:

HILL HESS said...

Loved seeing you guys, too. Fun to finally see Grant in person!
LOVE the Hobbit. Not nearly as hard of a read as Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit is probably in my top 20.

Some of my recent reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog