Friday, April 16, 2010

Couponing!

When we moved here, I decided to start couponing! I am having so much fun, but also spending WAY too much money (which is funny because I should be SAVING). I found this great site: myfrugaladventures.com , that lists the deals for each store using multiple coupons. I am AMAZED at these people who figure this stuff out!

I've gotten a few great buys, but today, I walked away with a free bottle of lotion (8.99), a free bottle of dove conditioner, free body wash and free colorful panty-liners! I probably also spent 4-5 hours planning, clipping, shopping, etc... AND I had to go back to the store. Hum... hopefully I get better at it. Last week I also got a bag of 34 diapers for $1.99. (I used a Safeway coupon, a manufacturer's coupon, AND loaded a coupon on to my Safeway card). I also got Ben and Jerry's for less than $1.75 each -- which I totally don't need but when else can you find that ice cream so cheap!

I also bought 3 bags of Pepperidge Farm cookies for an average of $1.10 a bag. Did you know there are only 8 cookies in each bag!? Ridiculous! As my wonderful husband pointed out, even though they were cheap, it was still $3 I wouldn't (shouldn't) have spent otherwise.

I'm hoping to get better at this -- to stop getting so excited about things that are cheap that I don't need and have SOME RESTRAINT! Luckily, Nick is being patient with me.

2 comments:

HILL HESS said...

I give you props for trying. Couponing is tricky! I was so gung ho for awhile and then got behind on collecting my coupons, so I fizzled some. But I do the price matching, which for me really saves the most. Amazing how time consuming it is, huh?! How do you like Modesto?

Amanda Walsh said...

Miss you guys. Move to Seattle! :)
Can't believe how big your little miss is! She is sooo cute. Love all that dark hair. Mine are both blondies, so that dark hair is a novelty for me.

Couponing...I started trying to do it, but it ended up that I couldn't find anything that I would have bought anyway WITHOUT the coupon...so kind of like you said, good deals, but it's only a good deal if you would have bought it anyway. It was so time-consuming that I stopped.

PS Rio is still sleeping terribly. Boo. Grant stopped at 9 months? Is that right? We're at 8 and I'm about to go crazy. :)

Some of my recent reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog