Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yeah for real wood!

After
After




Before

Before

As Samantha's coming got closer, we started looking for a used dresser. It was tough because I wasn't really in the mood to search for a good one, but didn't want to go to Target and buy a cheap particle board dresser either. My mom had a dresser that was her Grandmother's that she was willing to give us -- the problem (for me) was that it was a mess! I didn't mind the color, but there were watermarks and other stains all over it. Nick and I spent a weekend sanding and staining the dresser and it looks fantastic! When Mom saw it, she said, "I want it back!" We are now hoping to find a bookshelf in the same type of wood that we can do the same thing to. It was fun (even though Nick did most of the work) and way cheaper than buying a new real wood piece of furniture.

1 comment:

Terrie B said...

Looks beautiful! I JUST found your blog by the way. Didnt know you had one.

Some of my recent reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog