Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary!

So I know it's the middle of the night, but I just finished nursing Grant and was reflecting on some of my favorite moments in the past 5 (really 6+ years) with Nick. These moments are why I love him. I have a wonderful husband who I plan to spend many more anniversaries with.


1. Nick throwing Starbursts at me in a successful attempt to put me in a better mood.

2. "I'm not stopping to look at romantic things with you, you're going to propose!" (as Nick is fishing the ring out of his pocket).

3. Soon after we were married, Nick dumped water on me during a skit for a ward social (that was completely unplanned on my part). I was completely shocked but it was so fun and spontaneous.

4. Our first apartment. The cockroaches, the leaky wall, the tiny bathroom. The cool whip fight (gross picture huh?).

5. Nick sent me on a scavenger hunt for our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. It ended at a hair salon where Nick had prepaid for an updo because I had been complaining that I could never get my long hair to look nice. I chopped it off instead.

6. Watching our first home be built (good ol' Arbuckle).
7. Learning just how spicy jabeneros are (we tried to pick them all out and could still barely eat the meal).

8. Walking Lily through the almond orchards in Arbuckle, and now watching her chase bunnies and squirrels in the open fields.

9. The hot air balloon ride in Napa. It was beautiful and quite an experience. The naked woman in the hot tub was just a funny bonus! (we were too far away to see anything, just that she didn't have any clothes on. A man was with her, but when he saw the balloon coming, he got out and ran inside!)

10. Watching Nick play with Lily, Bailey, Rachel, Gabriela, Ali, and now Grant.

11. Hiking in Haiti (during our cruise).

12. Our particularly fun night for our first homework assignment during Kendall's marriage class.

13. The 427 Cobra hotwheel Nick gave to me to tell me that I am perfect for him (just like that car).

14. Nick's beautiful brown eyes calming me during my c-section as he kept me in my "happy place" until Grant came out. Nick also made up a story about the sucking sounds to calm me down during the surgery.
15. Nick giving Grant a name and a blessing (crying through the whole thing), as well as the blessings that he gave me at the start of each school year and for comfort as needed.

16. Being on the boat with Nick and continuing with some of my favorite memories as a kid.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, 5 years already. I loved hearing about your favorite memories. Sounds like you have had a blast together:)

Jeannine said...

What great memories and pictures! I want to hear the stories behind a couple of those. Happy Anniversary!

JCW said...

Hey Nick and Michelle! This is Jackie and Roger (and bow Natalie) from Davis. I found you by blog hopping from the West's blog to the Saul's blog...how are you guys? You have such a cute little boy, I love the name Grant.

D said...

I love the post. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the five years. I love the pictures

Some of my recent reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog