Monday, August 25, 2008

Book Reviews

So, because I've spent so much time nursing the past few weeks, I've also had a chance to read quite a bit. It took me awhile to figure out juggling Grant and the book, but now that I have it down, I'm very grateful to be doing something other than watching TV.

The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich -- They were stinking funny. They are about a woman who is desperate for a job so she goes to work for her shady cousin Vinnie as a bonds woman. She has no clue what she is doing and gets herself into quite a few sticky situations. The characters are really well developed and I feel like I know them. There are 14 books in this series and I loved them all (except for the bad language of course).


Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer -- I have to say, I was disappointed by this book. I absolutely LOVED the other 3 in the series and have been looking forward to this one for months. However, I thought it was too long and everything turned out a little too perfect. Maybe there just wasn't enough drama or something. I also would no longer recommend this book for junior high students.


Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen -- This was a really fun read. It is about a man who find himself working with a 1930's circus train. The author did research to write the book and many of the stories told are ones she found during the research. ***Warning -- there is a chapter describing a strip tease, as well as a picture of a topless lady.***


Women's Murder Club by James Patterson -- Another series, this time action/suspense. I actually listen to these on my MP3 player while I walk. I finished book 1, am in the middle of 2, and already listened to 3 and 5. I have really enjoyed these books and have had a hard time stopping listening to them when I get where I'm going or finish my walks. There have been moments when I thought they were a bit predictable, but for the most parts, I've really enjoyed them.


Now, I'm working on Lies my Teacher Told me. I've been wanting to read it for a while, but I still can't seem to get into reading non-fiction. I may have to pick up something else instead...

2 comments:

HILL HESS said...

AH! I just realized those canning pics were taken at MY house last year!! That was so fun! I really missed canning with you guys this summer!! I need to get copies of those pics!!!

Jeannine said...

You are such a book worm! I guess that it is just one reason I like you so much. :)

Some of my recent reads

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog